Your privacy is your privacy.
It's not our product.
Explorers Like Us takes your privacy seriously. The following six principles underpin our approach to respecting your privacy:
We value the trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair, honest and worthy of that trust.
- We will never sell your information or distribute it to any individual, company or agency not associated with processing your order or serving you as a customer.
- You are entitled to clear information about how we use your personal information. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and whom you should contact if you have any concerns.
- If you have any concerns about how we use your personal information, we will work with you to resolve those concerns.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and we will co-operate with data protection authorities. In the absence of data protection legislation, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles governing data protection and the best interests of our customers and members.
- Third party companies (including, without limitation, their websites, platforms and/or applications) which we do not own or control; or
- Individuals that Explorers Like Us does not manage or employ.
- These Third Party Sites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them before using those Third Party Sites.
If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in this way, please do not use the Explorers Like Us Sites or otherwise provide Explorers Like Us with personal information.
The Explorers Like Us Site is designed and intended for use by adults.
Access to certain parts of the Explorers Like Us Site and/or eligibility to receive prizes, samples or other rewards may be limited to users older than eighteen years of age. We may use your personal information to carry out age verification checks and enforce any such age restrictions.
Information We Collect
– Information you give us directly
We may collect information from you directly when you provide us with personal information, e.g. when you register for prize draws or competitions, sign up to receive information, use applications, buy a product or service from us, fill out a survey, or make a comment or enquiry. The types of information we may collect from you directly include your:
– email address
– user name
– telephone number
– credit card or other payment information
– date of birth
– user-generated content, posts and other content you submit to the Explorers Like Us Site.
– any other personal information you voluntarily provide to us
Information we collect automatically when you use the Explorers Like Us Site
– information about the type of browser you use
– details of the web pages you have viewed
– your IP address
– the hyperlinks you have clicked
– your user name, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using Third Party Sites (such as when you use the “Like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+)
– the website you visited just before arriving at the Explorers Like Us Site provided to us as the site that referred you.
Most internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. If you use different browsers, or use multiple devices, any changes will need to be made for each browser. If you disable the cookies, this may affect your experience on the Explorers Like Us Site.
We never collect information about your from other sources
We never ask for or receive personal information about you from other sources including information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties. We believe this common practice is unethical and an invasion of your privacy – and something practiced by schmarmy companies.
We never share Site Usage Information (as discussed above) with third parties (e.g., advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks, data exchanges, etc.) We believe this common practice is unethical and an invasion of your privacy.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information:
– to improve our products and your experience on the Explorers Like Us Site.
We may use your personal information to:
– collect information about the device you are using to view the Explorers Like Us Site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your personal information so as to ensure that the Explorers Like Us Site presents the best web experience for you
– help speed up your future activities and experience on the Explorers Like Us Site. For example, a site can recognize that you have provided your personal information and will not request the same information a second time
– make the Explorers Like Us Site easier to use and to better tailor the Explorers Like Us Site and our products to your interests and needs
– personalize your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited us, whether you’ve visited us before and what site referred you to us
– analyze the effectiveness of our content, competitions and promotions
– evaluate the use of the Explorers Like Us Site, products and services
– to contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
We may use your personal information to:
– offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions
You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt out.
– to provide you with products or services that you request from us.
We may use your personal information:
– for the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered
– to send you information, products or samples that you have requested
– to respond to your queries or comments
Where we collect personal information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfill that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
Who we share your information with
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone outside of Explorers Like Us. However, we may share your personal information with trusted third parties.
We may share your personal information with:
– third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered
– law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information only with a legal court order.
– third party providers of services, such as payment processing, to Explorers Like Us
– We may also share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Explorers Like Us if we believe that disclosure of the information is necessary for legal reasons.
We may share your personal information to:
– conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws
– detect, prevent and protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities
– comply with applicable laws and regulations, co-operate in any legal investigation and meet enforceable governmental requests with a court order
Explorers Like Us does not sell personal information, except to an entity to which we divest all or a portion of our business (for example, in connection with our sale of a brand), or otherwise in connection with a merger, consolidation, change in control, reorganization or liquidation of all or a portion of our business.
Safeguarding your information
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis.
Your privacy rights and who to contact
You have the right to tell us if you:
don’t want to be contacted in the future by us
would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you
would like us to correct, update or delete your personal information in our records
wish to report any misuse of your personal information
To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.
Other privacy policies